Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Winter 2022 Program is NOW OPEN!
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LiHEAP) helps keep families safe and healthy through initiatives that assist families with energy costs. We provide federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with:
- Home energy bills
- Energy crises
- Weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs
LiHEAP can help you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer through programs that reduce the risk of health and safety problems that arise from unsafe heating and cooling practices.
The Winter 2022 Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LiHEAP) is NOW OPEN and scheduled to run through April 29, 2022.
How to apply
- Fill out the application as indicated below
- Make copies of the driver’s license and social security card for all household members over 18 years old
- Make copies of all utilities bills for the past month
- Make copies of proof of income for prior month for all household members over 18 years old.
- Submit the application and verification copies prepared above to any CDCAA county office. You may choose email the documentation, mail documents through the Post Office, or drop them in person off during working hours.
How to fill out application
The LiHEAP application is designed to run from a Windows computer and not a smartphone or other device. Please note, that you may choose to just print the LiHEAP application, fill out the application with a pen, and submit the application in person.
Perform these steps on your Windows computer:
- Download and install the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC program located at Adobe’s website here. (If this program is already installed, you need not install the program.)
- Download the application file by right-clicking on the link here and selecting “Save Target/Link As…”, then navigate to your desktop and click the “Save” button.
- Locate the application file LiHEAP-Application.pdf you saved on the desktop and right-click and select “Open with” then select “Adobe Acrobat Reader DC”.
- Fill in the application with as much information as you can. Please note, the Social Security and Date of Birth blocks on the form cannot be filled in at this time.
- When you have finished filling in the form, press the green “Send to CDCAA” button located at the end of page 3.
- When the form asks for your email account, enter your email address and password. The form will then send the information to CDCAA.
- Close the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC program.
- If you are on a public computer, delete the LiHEAP Application file from the desktop and empty the recycle bin. That way, your information won’t be seen by the next user. You can save a copy of the application on a thumb drive if you want, OR just print the document and submit the paper document to CDCAA with your verification copies.